Friday, December 25, 2015

Merry Christmas

Merry Rainy Day Christmas!  I am sitting here Christmas afternoon alone with my two dogs and two kitties.  My husband is visiting his son and grandchildren in Indiana.  I would have gone with him, but it is hard for me to travel long distances, and we had no one to care for the pets.  My son couldn't come down to Tennessee because he had to work.  My mom went to visit my younger brother for the holiday, and my older brother also had to work.  I am ok with spending the time alone.  It has given me some much needed quiet time, as well as plenty of time to get back to my stitching.

My Joanna Brimblecombe sampler is going to sit for just a little while longer as I work on stitching two small pieces for my husband, then I will get back at it.  It is so large, and I was struggling with one part of it, so it is nice to step back and reassess for a while.  Just like when I read a really long book.  When I am finally finished, I want to read something quick and easy to make me feel like I am actually accomplishing something.

I am working on a La-D-Da chart called The Raven.





It is hard to read in this photo, but it is the opening line from Edgar Allen Poe's The Raven, Once upon a midnight dreary, as I pondered weak and weary.  Stitched on 35 count Havana linen, it is only three colors, so it is easy to just thread up and stitch.

Once I am finished this, there is a companion piece, Something Wicked This Way Comes.  This is a photo from the website.  Stitched on the same linen, I think it uses the same colors, so it, too, should be a quick stitch. 



Once these are done, I will get back to Joanna. At least until I receive my first project from Thistle Threads, the small trinket box to design and stitch.  Hopefully I can get most of The Raven finished today since I plan on stitching my holiday away.

Again, I say Merry Christmas to all, and to all a stitching night.

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment