Sunday, February 7, 2016

Cabinet of Curiosity Kit One is Here!!!

I have been in and out of my email for the last several days checking the tracking on my Cabinet of Curiosity package, and yesterday it finally arrived!  I was so excited my husband thought I was going to dance right out of my skin.  This month's lesson includes the instructions to complete several of the first projects, and the kit contains all of the materials needed to complete these projects.

When I say "all"  I mean it.  Here are some photos of what was included in the first kit:

This is what came nicely packaged in the kit.
 
 
 
This is the small trinket box we will be decorating.  There is a decorative piece to place on the front after it is completed.
 
 
Pretty finishing materials.
 
 
The coffee mug was an unexpected surprise.
 
 
Several pieces of linen, 34 count, 40 count, silk velvet, silk lining material, tracing paper, etc.
 
And the fibers. Over 50 spools of silk threads in beautiful color groups.  I am going to have so much fun playing with these, I can't wait to get started.
 
 
 
When I tell people I am taking this class, they ask how expensive it is.  I am honest and tell them is a bit pricey, but they make it easy to pay by breaking it down into manageable monthly payments, and everything you see in this post is built into the cost, including the shipping (for US students.)  There is over a hundred dollars in thread alone.  Each of these packages cost anywhere from $23 -$38 dollars each.  The only extra cost is if you want the extra specialty threads offered in the Frostings Club, and you are on your own for buying the casket at the end of the class.  The kit even included a marking pen and several packages of needles.  I am quite pleased with this first kit.  Now to read the instructions and get stitching!
 
 
 
 
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment